Syncing a Folder Between Devices
In order to Sync a folder between devices, a user must create a ‘Rule’ to determine the desired outcomes. A rule offers several options to select sending folders, destination folders, destination device, and sync frequency. To sync a file with a rule, do the following steps:
Creating a Rule
- Open the Binfer app
- Click the ‘Sync’ tab under the ‘New’ dropdown menu
- Name the rule (E.G. Document Sync), and below it choose the ‘Source Folder’ which will be the sending folder
- Under the ‘Action’ tab, select the recipient devices for your Sync
- Under the ‘Options’ tab, type in the Destination Folder (if you know it) where the files will be stored on the recipient device
- Choose optional settings such as Manual or Automatic Sync, Two-Way Sync if you would like a full mirror between devices, and Minimum Age (see Advanced Sync Settings Help Doc for more information)
- At the top of the screen, select the Frequency of Sync at the ‘Check for Changes Every __ Min’ box
- Click the ‘+’ in the top left-hand corner to create your new rule
- If the Sync is manual, hover over the rule on the left and press Execute to run the Sync.
Important: Once a folder is selected it cannot be re-named without deleting the rule and restarting the process
Tip: If you try to sync the same folder again (with the same contact), it won’t work for obvious reasons.