Creating a New Web Drop
The Web Drop feature allows you to receive files directly from other people without them installing the Binfer app. They drop files to you from a WebLink that you create. To create a new Web Drop, follow the steps below.
- Open the Binfer app
- Click the ‘New’ dropdown menu
- Select ‘Web Drop ‘
- Name the Web Drop. Common naming structures include: Files for Brian, Files for MyCompany, Files from ABC Corp, Files Regarding Project 1, etc.
- Type in a file size maximum in the ‘Size Limit’ tab
- In the ‘Options’ tab, select fields to show up on the Web Drop page such as requiring senders to include their Email Address or a Password
- Click the ‘+’ at the top left-hand corner to create your web drop
- On the left-hand corner, select either ‘Copy Link’ or ‘Copy Embed Link’
- Send the Web Drop link to whomever you wish to share it with or embed the Web Drop on your own website
Tip: A user can enable or disable a Web Drop, require recipients to enter their email or allow recipients to add a message, combine all received files into one folder as opposed to folders based on recipient emails, and add a password all via the Options tab of the Web Drop feature.
Tip: A user can determine what folder files will be received in from the Settings tab.