How Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement Eased Its Data Replication, Data Transfer Problems with Binfer
Improve data delivery and reliability with Binfer Sync
Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM), alongside its ERP provider, MariApps, needed a way to securely, quickly and reliably replicate large sets of data between ships at sea and its central office on the shore. The data needed to be transferred frequently and needed to be stored in a central database.
BSM’s main mechanism for data transfer was email attachments, which created a number of challenges that prevented effective data transfer:
- Unstable internet connectivity on the ships added significant costs due to constant re-transmission of interrupted data.
- There were frequent interruption in ship operations due to unreliable data delivery.
- DVDs with ship software updates were often damaged in transit.
- It was very expensive to develop, maintain and manage data transmission code.
Binfer’s Sync module helped alleviate all of these pain points. The solution was deployed within days. Replication rules were quickly set up to synchronize data between vessels and shore. There are no central email servers, no file size limits, no restarting data and file transfers from zero thanks to a robust auto-resume function. With Binfer’s Sync tool, BSM enjoyed the following ROI:
- It reduced data transfer time by 50%.
- It improved ship operations significantly by keeping all information synchronized and updated.
- It enabled ships to quickly and easily transfer documents and large file attachments, which was not possible before due to email size restrictions.
Learn more about Binfer’s solutions for Maritime.